I recently came across a question in the Gluster mailing list which discussed about default options set for the translators. The command `gluster volume info' lists the options re-configured. But there is no way to know the default configurations (as of now), other than to check the volume files and the code.
I have listed the default options below. All the options are as of 3.2.x and applies to 3.1.x.
GlusterFS servers by default have the following translators enabled
Client has the following performance translators enabled by default
Below, I've listed the default options that are set for the above translators.
Server translator defaults
- thread-count 16 (minimun 1, maximum 64)
- idle-time 1
- volume-uuid - UUID of the volume
- timestamp-file - path
- xtime - off
- quota - off
- dump-fd-stats off
- latency-measurement off
- count-fop-hits off
- log-level INFO
Client translator defaults:
- flush-behind on
- cache-size/window-size 1MB (Min 512KB, Max 1GB)
- disable-for-first-nbytes 0
- enable-O_SYNC disabled by default
- enable-trickling-writes on
- priority 1
- cache-timeout/force-revalidate-timeout 1sec (min 0, max 60)
- cache-size 32MB (min 4MB, max 6GB)
- min-file-size 0
- max-file-size -1 (Limited by the underlying FS)
- priority 1 cache-size 128MB (min 0, max 6GB)
- cache-timeout 1 (min 1, max 60)
- max-file-size 64KB (min 0, max 1MB)
This translator does not have any options to configure.